Sunday, April 23, 2017

Urban grimoire: The Toxic Waste Dump

Today a very simple magical technique which has numerous variations and possibilities. It is based on the magical theory whereby thoughts and emotions are energies just as much as actions, and in fact embodies the occult idea that what we see is the visible manifestation of energies and powers on different planes.
This isn't as non-mainstream as it may seem: in psychdynamic therapy, for example, that dynamic is invisible, yet incredibly powerful. And in much more modern therapy, such as cognitive-behavioural therapy, changing one thing in your formulation changes everything else.
Don't worry - the Hound isn't about to collapse in a heap of fluffy mindfulness: this magic here is hard core and you won't find it in a book with a crescent moon on the spine.
As we go about our daily lives, we collect all sorts of invisible psychic nasties. Some of them are just residual daily stressors, some are entities that come and have a poke at us, some are the result of other people dumping their shit into us, and some are other people's emotions about us, such as jealousy, live, hatred, you get the picture. Traditionally this gunk has been dealt with by banishing or grounding it.
F*ck that shit, I can't afford to waste every nasty emotion, projection and so on, that comes my way, that stuff's a gift! But of course I don't want to have to carry all that rubbish around with me until I have a use for it.
That's where the toxic waste dump comes in. In practical terms you can use pretty much anything you like. At the moment I'm using a scarab from the museum. I carry it in my pocket and just touch it to transfer any bad vibes I feel coming this way. This lightens me up so I have that toxic waste if I need it.
You can of course do what you want with your toxic waste. A neighbourhood child abuser is frequently a good recipient. I won't insult my readers' intelligence - I assume you know how to move energy around, in your own way of course.
And of course the object you choose has a significance. Say for example yiur local psychic vampire is all over you, trying to suck the life out of you. Just exactly the person who may pick up your toxic waste dump and go 'What's this?'. Bingo - broken leg. Unfair, you may say. I say, I expect people to ask before messing with other people's stuff.
I did say this wasn't fluffy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before publication