Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Today's Wander

My work life continues unsettled for the present - I shall anyway be away from Zippy for some time,  which is a great relief. Zippy's boss is perhaps fortunate that I've taken a liking to her, since she is seeing me at my most charming, but I think is slightly unnerved by the way I keep telling her what's going to happen next then it does!
Anyway in the midst of this I went the rounds today. Starting off in the Chinese quarter I went as far as the gun quarter and took in part of the jewellery quarter. To me these wanders are an essential part of witching, since hedgewitchery is dependent on the witch's. relationship with the hedge.
I have become interested recently in the phenomenon of abandoned clothing in the street. Unfortunately I didn't have my phone with me the day I saw a whole suit of mens evening dress abandoned, including shirt and shoes, neatly folded up, on Smallbrook Queensway, which was the occasion which got me interested. I just can't think of the circumstances which would lead up to that. Of course most clothes abandonments are more easily explained by things being dropped, and so on. I plan a post on that at some point,  but it's given me an interest in the stories which can be told by what is left around.
I can only assume that a printer and an office chair had a violent confrontation in the Bath Street subway before what was left of the chair rolled off leaving the printer in pieces.
The tiny remaining traffic island outside St Chad's cathedral seems a bizarre place to engage in - presumably - solvent sniffing to such an extent.
No, I don't know.

2 comments:

  1. When the machines take over the world, I feel somewhat comforted to know that I should be able to take a printer. However, I shall never look at my office chair in the same way again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, glad to hear from you, Inexplicable, I was wondering what happened to you. Fortunately I suspect the only circumstances in which you would have to take on your chair would occur after sniffing solvents, so I don't think you've got too much to worry about!

      Delete

All comments are moderated before publication