Monday, July 1, 2013

Nyaa-nya-nya-nyaa-nya: 5 of Swords

This isn't really a post about the 5 of Swords. I've been feeling recently that things have been getting on top of me, I've been carrying a lot of stuff that really isn't my pigeon. I'm wary of my natural inclination to assume that I'm surrounded by nitwits because when you have as high an opinion of yourself as I do you can tend not to value others' contributions.
So I was surprised when I drew some cards out yesterday to represent my work life to see exactly my situation. The top four cards are the situation: they aren't really in 'positions', I just let the cards come out. The deck is the Aquarian tarot, post-borderectomy. What I don't like about that deck is that it smells & feels very plasticy: the flip side of this is that the cards literally leap out. I don't really do reversals, so when the 4 of Swords flew out & landed reversed I decided to accept it as a need.
I see me feeling like I've got to carry people (it isn't really the issue in this reading whether they are objectively pulling their weight or not), I badly need to take a break from approaching things lile this. The King of Rods indicates both the aspects of this situation that are of my own making, & warns that if I carry on I'm going to thwack someone with my rod.
The lower three cards depict action I can take in this situation. Knight of Swords: make other people buck up if they're not pulling their weight. 3 of Cups: lighten up, both literally & metaphorically - prioritise better & don't make unreasonable expectations of yourself. 7 of Swords: stop taking so much on yourself. I find this sequence of 3-5-7 Swords interesting because the 5 of Swords picks up the 3 of Swords & the 7 of Swords picks up the 5 of Swords. In both cases there is an element of choosing what you pick up & leaving other stuff behind. In this case I am delighted to discover that the Robin Wood keyword for the 5 of Swords (I.e. What I should be picking up & running with in my situation is 'Nyaa-nya-nya-nyaa-nya'. I need to take up what is proper to me only & hang the others.
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before publication