Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Rea Valley (2) & Now That's What I Call A Hedge

Today I walked some more of the Rea Valley route. First I got the bus to Cotteridge where I found a copy of Israel Regardie's A Garden of Pomegranates in the PDSA shop: I'm taking this as another example of the resources coming along when you need them or are ready for them. I started off my walk on Fordhouse Lane (think I've got the name right) & went the opposite way from last time, towards the city centre. I was very gratified to see the hedge which illustrates this post, behind Hazelwell allotments. That is a hedge, it is a real hedge, somebody has been hard at work hedging that hedge & I have seen it with my own eyes. I will happily acknowledge that my own hedge would probably be made of barbed wire or concrete, but it tickles me to be able to illustrate this post with a real hedge, photographed by your beloved Hound.
I walked on towards Cannon Hill Park, where I got terribly distracted & managed to lose track of the walkway. I'll get out maps & find it again, have no fear.
I had not been to the MAC (Midlands Arts Centre) since its revamp. I went in with misgivings because it had many happy childhood memories of going to (children's) things there with my parents, & I think it's best not to go too much a la recherche du temps perdu, because that invariably ruins ones memories. However I needn't have feared: if I'd gone there not knowing it was the MAC I'd have had no idea I'd been there before.
Unable to find the route, I found my way to the Pershore Road where I got the bus home. The highlight was definitely the unexpected sight of an unexpected hedge! There is still snow on the ground & it snowed on & off while I was walking. The cold will definitely spoil the flowers that have started to come out. Heigh ho, I personally love being out in the cold, as long as I'm all wrapped up & with somewhere warm to go. Being stuck in a cold hedge would definitely be different!
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated before publication